Online Career Training Programs
Career Step provides quality career training programs and continuing education for job opportunities in healthcare, administrative services, and technology. The career training programs are delivered online, enabling students to pursue self-paced learning in their area of interest, and Career Step also provides a number of student and graduate support resources to ensure students are successful. Not sure which career is right for you? Take our Career Finder Quiz to find out!
Helps you quickly develop the specialized skills needed to manage the healthcare reimbursement process and prepares you for a field with expected job growth of 22%.
Medical Coding and Billing
Prepares you for the growing field of healthcare reimbursement—employment is expected to grow by 22%—by teaching you the skills needed to earn industry credentials and start a rewarding career as a medical coder.
Medical Transcription and Editing
Offers the opportunity for a real work-at-home career in a field where employers regularly ask Career Step for more graduates to fill their entry-level positions.
Helps you develop the pharmacy and customer service skills needed to pursue one of over 70,700 new jobs expected in this field by 2022.
Helps you develop the software and management skills you need to prepare for a successful career in this field, which is expected to generate over 479,000 new jobs by 2022.
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Prepares you to meet healthcare’s need for EHR-trained administrative professionals in a field expected to add 189,200 new jobs nationwide by 2022.
Helps you gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and work in a technology field that’s expected to grow by more than 123,000 new jobs by 2022.
Available as a bundled training package or as individual courses in each of the 5 core Microsoft Office applications to help you quickly gain important computer skills.
Continuing Education Programs
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
SEPT ONLY: Get a free laptop or up to $500 off!Enroll online »
- "We have had great success, particularly with the Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing course. We have a 96% pass rate for students taking the AHIMA or AAPC tests upon completion of their program. The national pass rate is around 67%—so I think that speaks to the quality of the course Career Step offers." Read More Reviews »
- "I can't thank all of you at Career Step enough! I passed the PTCE in November and started a new job at a locally owned pharmacy the first week of January! With my husband in the Army, I'm so grateful to have a "mobile" career that is so rewarding and that I really enjoy. I truly couldn't have done it without you!" Read More Reviews »
- "I did not know if I could be effective in this field as a T2 paraplegic. I had a deep desire to be a medical transcriptionist, so I kept positive and just went for it. I am now a medical transcription graduate and looking forward to finding employment. Carry on, and it will be worth all the effort you put forth!" Read More Reviews »
- "The experience with Career Step was a wonderful one. I was working two jobs and raising my newborn son while taking these courses, and the program is so convenient that even I was able to find the appropriate time." Read More Reviews »
- "I learned loads every day in my externship. There are still things I need to improve on and learn more about, but I feel much more prepared and competent than I did at the beginning. It was helpful to put the things I learned in theory to practical use. . . Also, the Walgreens I was placed in already offered me a job, and now that I've passed my final and PTCB test, I'll hopefully start soon." Read More Reviews »
- "I started working part-time as a pharmacy technician as a college student and began working full-time once I graduated. Now I stay home with my three children but my experiences with drug knowledge, insurance claims, and doctors' offices has helped me as a mother. I am more educated about my children's healthcare and my own, which helps me make smart decisions for our family. The time I spent working as a pharmacy technician was invaluable." Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "We've been so impressed with Career Step and their graduates. Career Step as an organization has always impressed us—they're so top-notch, so on top of this industry. " Read More Reviews »