Online Career Training Programs
Career Step provides quality career training programs and continuing education for job opportunities in healthcare, administrative services, and technology. The career training programs are delivered online, enabling students to pursue self-paced learning in their area of interest, and Career Step also provides a number of student and graduate support resources to ensure students are successful. Not sure which career is right for you? Take our Career Finder Quiz to find out!
Helps you quickly develop the specialized skills needed to manage the healthcare reimbursement process and prepares you for a field with expected job growth of 22%.
Medical Coding and Billing
Prepares you for the growing field of healthcare reimbursement—employment is expected to grow by 22%—by teaching you the skills needed to earn industry credentials and start a rewarding career as a medical coder.
Medical Transcription and Editing
Offers the opportunity for a real work-at-home career in a field where employers regularly ask Career Step for more graduates to fill their entry-level positions.
Helps you develop the pharmacy and customer service skills needed to pursue one of over 70,700 new jobs expected in this field by 2022.
Helps you develop the software and management skills you need to prepare for a successful career in this field, which is expected to generate over 479,000 new jobs by 2022.
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Prepares you to meet healthcare’s need for EHR-trained administrative professionals in a field expected to add 189,200 new jobs nationwide by 2022.
Helps you gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and work in a technology field that’s expected to grow by more than 123,000 new jobs by 2022.
Available as a bundled training package or as individual courses in each of the 5 core Microsoft Office applications to help you quickly gain important computer skills.
Continuing Education Programs
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
AUGUST ONLY: Get a free iPad or up to $300 off!Enroll online »
- "I do feel the Pharmacy Technician program I just completed through Career Step prepared me very well both for the PTCE and the externship. In fact, the PTCE was, if anything, something of a letdown in that it did not seem as challenging as I thought it was going to be. . ." Read More Reviews »
- "We have had great success, particularly with the Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing course. We have a 96% pass rate for students taking the AHIMA or AAPC tests upon completion of their program. The national pass rate is around 67%—so I think that speaks to the quality of the course Career Step offers." Read More Reviews »
- "I finished the pharmacy tech program in two months, started my externship with Walgreens and landed a job with them before my externship was even complete. I love this program it's very user friendly." Read More Reviews »
- "Being a pharmacy technician has been such a great experience! Wherever I move, I can always find a pharm tech job because the profession is in such high demand and being nationally certified has given me a competitive edge over other applicants. Working as a pharmacy technician is an excellent healthcare career and also offers many opportunities for career growth." Read More Reviews »
- "I couldn't be happier with the Career Step program. The course material was so thorough, and it was presented in a way that was really easy to understand on your own." Read More Reviews »
- "Before Career Step I was enrolled in another medical transcription program. After this first program, I started applying for jobs. I applied for about 3 months and never got past the transcription portion to be interviewed. Finally, feeling frustrated, I enrolled in Career Step. The program did take me more than a year to complete, but I got a job 2 weeks after graduation. This program prepare the student for the real world medical transcription positions. Anyone wanting to secure a job in the medical transcription field should study with Career Step. I wish I had gone through them the first time." Read More Reviews »
- "I worked as a pharmacy technician for 4 years to support myself through nursing school. The pay was great and it helped me get familiar with the names of many drugs and their uses. I gained experience with patients, doctor offices, and insurance companies, which gave me a broader understanding of how the medical system worked. This knowledge has enabled me to be a better advocate and educator as a nurse." Read More Reviews »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "I did not know if I could be effective in this field as a T2 paraplegic. I had a deep desire to be a medical transcriptionist, so I kept positive and just went for it. I am now a medical transcription graduate and looking forward to finding employment. Carry on, and it will be worth all the effort you put forth!" Read More Reviews »
- "I learned loads every day in my externship. There are still things I need to improve on and learn more about, but I feel much more prepared and competent than I did at the beginning. It was helpful to put the things I learned in theory to practical use. . . Also, the Walgreens I was placed in already offered me a job, and now that I've passed my final and PTCB test, I'll hopefully start soon." Read More Reviews »