Online Career Training Programs
Career Step provides quality career training programs and continuing education for job opportunities in healthcare, administrative services, and technology. The career training programs are delivered online, enabling students to pursue self-paced learning in their area of interest, and Career Step also provides a number of student and graduate support resources to ensure students are successful. Not sure which career is right for you? Take our Career Finder Quiz to find out!
Helps you quickly develop the specialized skills needed to manage the healthcare reimbursement process and prepares you for a field with expected job growth of 22%.
Medical Coding and Billing
Prepares you for the growing field of healthcare reimbursement—employment is expected to grow by 22%—by teaching you the skills needed to earn industry credentials and start a rewarding career as a medical coder.
Medical Transcription and Editing
Offers the opportunity for a real work-at-home career in a field where employers regularly ask Career Step for more graduates to fill their entry-level positions.
Helps you develop the pharmacy and customer service skills needed to pursue one of over 70,700 new jobs expected in this field by 2022.
Helps you develop the software and management skills you need to prepare for a successful career in this field, which is expected to generate over 479,000 new jobs by 2022.
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Prepares you to meet healthcare’s need for EHR-trained administrative professionals in a field expected to add 189,200 new jobs nationwide by 2022.
Helps you gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and work in a technology field that’s expected to grow by more than 123,000 new jobs by 2022.
Available as a bundled training package or as individual courses in each of the 5 core Microsoft Office applications to help you quickly gain important computer skills.
Continuing Education Programs
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
OCT ONLY: Get a free iPad or up to $500 off!Enroll online »
- "When I went for my interview, because of my thorough Career Step training, I was hired on the spot. The company owner was amazed at my transcription skills compared to applications from local schools/colleges. I really like being a medical transcriptionist, and am so excited to have a career where I can work from my home." Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "I do feel the Pharmacy Technician program I just completed through Career Step prepared me very well both for the PTCE and the externship. In fact, the PTCE was, if anything, something of a letdown in that it did not seem as challenging as I thought it was going to be. . ." Read More Reviews »
- "Being a pharmacy technician was a good experience to have early on in my working life. I have learned valuable customer service skills, great attention to detail, and strong abilities to work in a team. These skills are great to have in my everyday life as well in the working environment. I have also enjoyed getting to know the regular customers and found confidence and contentment in helping others. This is a great career to be in!" Read More Reviews »
- "I just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the graduates you sent our way. We have been able to hire I believe 5 of them. I am in the process of contacting the others who sent their resumes as we are looking to hire 2 more! Your school does such a good job, we are pleased with the knowledge and professionalism with each one." Read More Reviews »
- "I have been working in a pharmacy for almost 4 months now. I'm very happy with my position as a pharmacy technician. The Career Step program has helped tremendously! Everything in the program has helped in one way or another." Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step’s Pharmacy Technician program was very well designed to prepare me for the certification process. . . . As I was preparing for the final exam, I scheduled my certification with PTCB, and within a week I was able to schedule the certification test and successfully pass that exam. The self-directing classwork with technical and education support available as needed worked very well, allowing me to move through the course at my own speed." Read More Reviews »
- "I was able to get a job within 3 weeks of graduating, which was largely related to the Career Step name on my resume. I have talked to people and read that many new grads from other schools are looking for work for 4 to 6 months. I love my job and, while I am still learning the details of the job, I was well prepared for the work!" Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »