Online Career Training Programs
Career Step provides quality career training programs and continuing education for job opportunities in healthcare, administrative services, and technology. The career training programs are delivered online, enabling students to pursue self-paced learning in their area of interest, and Career Step also provides a number of student and graduate support resources to ensure students are successful. Not sure which career is right for you? Take our Career Finder Quiz to find out!
Helps you quickly develop the specialized skills needed to manage the healthcare reimbursement process and prepares you for a field with expected job growth of 22%.
Medical Coding and Billing
Prepares you for the growing field of healthcare reimbursement—employment is expected to grow by 22%—by teaching you the skills needed to earn industry credentials and start a rewarding career as a medical coder.
Medical Transcription and Editing
Offers the opportunity for a real work-at-home career in a field where employers regularly ask Career Step for more graduates to fill their entry-level positions.
Helps you develop the pharmacy and customer service skills needed to pursue one of over 70,700 new jobs expected in this field by 2022.
Helps you develop the software and management skills you need to prepare for a successful career in this field, which is expected to generate over 479,000 new jobs by 2022.
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
Prepares you to meet healthcare’s need for EHR-trained administrative professionals in a field expected to add 189,200 new jobs nationwide by 2022.
Helps you gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and work in a technology field that’s expected to grow by more than 123,000 new jobs by 2022.
Available as a bundled training package or as individual courses in each of the 5 core Microsoft Office applications to help you quickly gain important computer skills.
Continuing Education Programs
Designed for recently trained ICD-9 medical coders preparing for the transition to the ICD-10 code set.
ICD-9 for ICD-10 Coders
Designed for recently trained ICD-10 medical coders preparing for the ICD-9 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
ENDS AUGUST 15: Get a free iPad AND $100 Cash Card!Enroll online »
Big Bang for Your Buck
"I definitely got my money’s worth with Career Step…" See More Reasons »
- "Being a pharmacy technician was a good experience to have early on in my working life. I have learned valuable customer service skills, great attention to detail, and strong abilities to work in a team. These skills are great to have in my everyday life as well in the working environment. I have also enjoyed getting to know the regular customers and found confidence and contentment in helping others. This is a great career to be in!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step was the best thing that ever happened to me... I love the opportunity that Career Step has given me. The knowledge I have obtained from Career Step can take me anywhere I want to go. They provide the groundwork to a lifelong career." Read More Reviews »
- "I love Career Step! When I enrolled, I thought that this was going to be a hard, lonely road. I was wrong. When I enrolled, I joined a team and gained a family. I was never alone. If I needed help or had a question, all I had to do was email student support or post on the forum. Everybody was so friendly and knowledgeable. They always gave you the feeling that they were only there for one reason—to see you succeed." Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "Thanks to the quality of my training, the support that I received, and the well-deserved reputation of the Career Step program, I got my first job exactly one month after graduation. Still at it, still learning and still very, very grateful for the knowledge, skills, and support I received with Career Step." Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to start a new career. Thanks to the intense course, I feel confident in starting my new career. . . . I know I would not be able to do this work if your course had not been so complete." Read More Reviews »
- "I just have to say that Career Step has TRULY changed my life!! You work so hard for a 2- or 4-year college degree and then are left with no on-the-job experience and no employment when you've graduated. Yet with Career Step, I was able to complete the course in less than a year, had training that left me fully prepared and equipped, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days after graduating!" Read More Reviews »
- "We've hired a number of Career Step graduates, and we've been very happy with the quality of the work that they've done at our organization. We love the way that the program tests and evaluates them along the process, and it's really helped us select those who are really shining stars." Read More Reviews »
- "I took the PTCB national test this last month and passed it just fine. The program did well in preparing me for the test—I especially liked the final exam. I felt like it helped prepare me really well! I just recently got a call from a Walgreen's pharmacy nearby and they offered me a job!" Read More Reviews »