Online Career Training Programs
Career Step provides quality career training programs and continuing education for job opportunities in healthcare, administrative services, and technology. The career training programs are delivered online, enabling students to pursue self-paced learning in their area of interest, and Career Step also provides a number of student and graduate support resources to ensure students are successful. Not sure which career is right for you? Take our Career Finder Quiz to find out!
Electronic Health Records Office Professional
Prepares you to meet healthcare’s need for EHR-trained administrative professionals in a field expected to add 210,000 new jobs nationwide by 2020.
Helps you quickly develop the specialized skills needed to manage the healthcare reimbursement process and prepares you for a field with expected job growth of 21%.
Medical Coding and Billing
Prepares you for the growing field of healthcare reimbursement—employment is expected to grow by 21%—by teaching you the skills needed to earn industry credentials and start a rewarding career as a medical coder.
Medical Transcription and Editing
Offers the opportunity for a real work-at-home career in a field where employers regularly ask Career Step for more graduates to fill their entry-level positions.
Helps you develop the pharmacy and customer service skills needed to pursue one of over 100,000 new jobs expected in this field by 2020.
Helps you develop the software and management skills you need to prepare for a successful career in this field, which is expected to generate over 490,000 new jobs by 2020.
Medical Administrative Assistant
Prepares you for this administrative specialty with opportunities nationwide and an expected employment growth rate of 41%.
Helps you gain the skills you need to earn CompTIA A+ certification and work in a technology field that’s expected to grow by more than 110,000 new jobs by 2020.
Available as a bundled training package or as individual courses in each of the 5 core Microsoft Office applications to help you quickly gain important computer skills.
Continuing Education Programs
Designed for trained or experienced medical coders preparing for the October 1, 2014 transition to the ICD-10 code set.
Medical Transcription Editing Supplement
Designed for trained medical transcriptionists looking to expand their skill sets to include speech recognition editing.
RHDS Exam Prep
Up-to-date RHDS exam prep curriculum specifically designed to help you quickly prepare for AHDI’s new test format.
Get a FREE iPad or Kindle Fire in December!Enroll online »
- "Being a pharmacy technician was a good experience to have early on in my working life. I have learned valuable customer service skills, great attention to detail, and strong abilities to work in a team. These skills are great to have in my everyday life as well in the working environment. I have also enjoyed getting to know the regular customers and found confidence and contentment in helping others. This is a great career to be in!" Read More Reviews »
- "I was always very skeptical when it came to taking courses online. I always felt that it would be better to be in a classroom environment, but when I started Career Step, boy did I get comfortable quick. I was amazed at how much support was there for me, and I sure did use it. The student support team was always there to listen to me and encourage me and help me get my mind back on track. . . . They helped me with anything and everything . . . WOW! Thank you so much, Career Step!" Read More Reviews »
- "When I went for my interview, because of my thorough Career Step training, I was hired on the spot. The company owner was amazed at my transcription skills compared to applications from local schools/colleges. I really like being a medical transcriptionist, and am so excited to have a career where I can work from my home." Read More Reviews »
- "I just got hired by a prestigious MT company. I graduated from Career Step 1 month and 12 days before. When I heard that honors graduates, on average, get jobs within a month of graduating, I was very skeptical. . . .Career Step is the main reason I got the job that I did. My new employers said they only hire from Career Step and one other MT program. They are very familiar with the quality of Career Step's training and do not even require testing if you graduated recently. " Read More Reviews »
- "We've been so impressed with Career Step and their graduates. Career Step as an organization has always impressed us—they're so top-notch, so on top of this industry. " Read More Reviews »
- "I worked as a pharmacy technician for 4 years to support myself through nursing school. The pay was great and it helped me get familiar with the names of many drugs and their uses. I gained experience with patients, doctor offices, and insurance companies, which gave me a broader understanding of how the medical system worked. This knowledge has enabled me to be a better advocate and educator as a nurse." Read More Reviews »
- "I was very fortunate to find a job . . . within the first month. While I found the course to be exactly what it was advertised to be and I was very pleased with the training I received, I cannot say enough about Graduate Support! I was not expecting the level of involvement with my job search that Career Step provided. In my opinion, Career Step does not consider you to have completed the course until you have found employment!" Read More Reviews »
- "Career Step gave me the training I needed to confidently begin a new career . . . Within a month of graduation I was hired and feel that every day I have used the knowledge gained from Career Step. Thanks for an excellent course!" Read More Reviews »
Employment Focused Training
"The training you get from Career Step is just like the work you will receive when you start working." See More Reasons »
- "The externship went extremely well, and I learned a lot. The manager told me that it was great working with me and thanked me for my help. She also wanted me to tell you that she would be interested in receiving another Career Step student later this summer." Read More Reviews »